It’s the predicament we all have to make a decision on – if we want to look like a fabulous celebrity then which designer sunglasses should we go for?
I’m currently sporting last season’s Prada offerings still – shame on me. But my good friend Alexis Amor, who runs three of London’s top sunglasses and frames shops, has given me his tip for the top on what we should all be donning when we frequent the beach.
So, people take note……Alexis has given advice to A-listers galore over the years and now he’s giving you his rundown of the top five shades to get your mitts on. You can view and order the full collection Mr Amor stocks on his website too at www.irisoptical.co.uk or click here. Or pop into one of his shops at the addresses below.
Alexis says: “Big is still huge in women’s sunglasses although 2008 has brought some stylish new variations on the theme! Namely retro 50′s and 60′s styling in bold colours and super feminine shapes. Take a look at my top five choices.”
1. Ksubi Bayliss. Classic 50′s movie star style but with an exaggerated shape. Comes in a multitude of bright colours and totally limited in the UK.
2. Prada 18i “Butterfly”. Seen on a few faces recently but really a “one of a kind” design. Huge butterfly style frames. Massively flattering for all faces.
3. Dior “60′s” 1. Does exactly what it says on the tin!! Beautiful simple oversized design in glorious colours.
4. YSL 6208. The sunglasses of the moment in the colours of the moment. Black and Gold!
5. Ray-Ban Clubmaster. The Wayfarer has had its moment in the sun! Ray Ban have again raided the back catalogue and found something even better!!!
Iris Optical can be found at the following three addresses!
7 King Street
18 Widegate Street
6 Maguire Street